Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out to Spada Lake with my Dad today. Yeah i know - gonna get bombarded by folks who claim the lake's empty....Well not from what we saw today. We got there maybe 45 minutes after first light. Landing 3 - watch out it's a little tricky - and a chainsaw would be an immense help, but once we got launched we went over to the opposite shore. was using a combo of beaded head pheasent tail nymphs and some modified Panthers/Rooster Tails - special gear rules. Single hook barbless - no bait. We crawled the shore trolling some and had a few bites - none to hand. We stopped trolling and starting casting. The fish were nuts. Hell there were several casts where Dad got a bite, he misssed it and the fish came after my bait! We managed to land 5 13-15" fish. Which we let go -can't keep em over 12". Collected 6 12" fish for a friend's freezer and enjoyed the weather. Bite died around 10ish in the am and we headed on out. First day in a while the lake was that calm and warm. Had alot of fun.It's a ghorgeous ride and man you can't beat the scenery while you fish - give it a shot. Hope your trip goes as well as ours did.:thumb:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
On an update - They took a trackhoe out to the landing at site3. They cleared out the trees that were in the way and we went back the following week. It was an easy launch. So kudos to Bruce's crew for making it better. If it was not the Watershed crew, then thanks to the people that did it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.