Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been thinking of making a trip there. Maybe for a week or more this spring. I have know idea what to expect. I do have a 16' boat & motor and a wife that will be fishing too.

I need ideas of where (just general area - secret spots do not need to be described)and how to fly fish this lake? It's a big lake and see that it has big fish.

Thanks for the help.

·
Banned
10,387 Posts
I believe we have a few resident experts with the "goods" on that water... whether they'll cough up any intel, who knows?

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
What part do you plan on fishing? It's only 130 miles of water. What part of spring? lrf.org is a good site with current water levels and other info. If you're set on using fly gear, slowly troll a deep 7 line with big streamers. That's what we do well with, but lead core is the norm for that big water. Feel free to Pm. I've fished from the dam to the boarder for years.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was thinking of staying somewhere near Twin River Marina. However I am not set on any area since I have never fished there. I posted to get some idea of where to go on the river.

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
There's lots of cooperative net pen reared bows and the occasional nice Redband thruout that area.
Are you planning on fly gear or other? One place I like for fly gear is the bay where Hawk Creek dumps in near Seven Bays.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.