Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a fan of fishing this lake, as it's local and I'm a sucker for some bass fishing. I have a 15' inflatable Saturn boat with a trolling motor, and am able to putt around within proximity to the launch ramp. I'm looking at buying a real boat this month, and it would be the first time I've owned one, so I was wondering if maybe anyone else fishes the lake from their boat and would be willing to let me tag along to learn a bit about boating. Any fishing would be a bonus, but I'm curious also about how people target the lake throughout the year on the fly.

Or if anyone is willing to let me tag along on another Seattle metro (or nearby vicinity) lake to help me out... I want to make sure I'm being a good boater out there, especially when I have my family in my boat.

·
Registered
98 Posts
15 hp motor or larger for the Boater Education Card requirement. Anything under 15, you don't need it. If you were born before January 1,1955, you are exempt. Also, while the bass fishing is good, don't overlook the cutthroat fishing, it can be exceptional.

G

·
The WA state boaters card program is about the biggest joke around.
I ran commercial fishing boats from S.E. Alaska to the Bering sea & I had to get a boaters card to run a skiff in the state of Washington. It was harder to pass than I thought as it's more focused on inland waters & personnel jet skis, but I past it with little effort.

·
Ignored Member
12,110 Posts
When all three lights I see ahead,
I turn to Starboard and show my Red:
Green to Green, Red to Red,
Perfect Safety -- Go Ahead.
But if to Starboard Red appear,
It is my duty to keep clear --
To act as judgment says is proper:
To Port or Starboard, Back or Stop her.

And if upon my Port is seen
A Steamer's Starboard light of Green,
I hold my course and watch to see
That Green to Port keeps Clear of me.

Both in safety and in doubt
Always keep a good look out.
In Danger, with no room to turn,
Ease her, Stop her, Go Astern.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Dave. I'll check out their classes. I'm still trying to order my boat at this point. Bass Pro Shops and Cabelas salesmen suck, and when I tried to order directly from the manufacturer (Tahoe), they just had one of the salesmen from Bass Pro that I had already talked to a week ago follow up with me. If I didn't have my heart set on the particular boat (Tahoe 1950) I would just find a different manufacturer with a better dealer at this point.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I finally got some help and put a deposit down on a boat yesterday. My wife wanted a ski boat, I wanted a fishing boat, so we compromised on a Tahoe 1950 deck boat. I'm adding a saltwater trolling motor with GPS (can hold an anchor point without having to mess with an anchor), a decent fish finder, and two pedestal seats up front. Can't wait for everything to be installed so I can start fishing the lake soon.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.