Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Patrick
1,792 Posts
Used to fish off of the dock by the I90 bridge East Side of the lake. Yes there are Carp in that lake I caught a few in my spin rod days. Also Trolling a streamer or leech pattern can bring a trout or two to the boat. I have always heard good reports for small mouth bass but I have yet to try for them. Also take your fly rod out and fish a bare red hook or a crazy charlie for Sockey when and if season opens for. I am planning to take some kids out this summer to fish for perch on lake Washington. If any one out there know of a productive area for perch to try please email me. The kids will be using spin rods not fly rods. Just trying to pass on a love for fishing and clean water to couple of kids who never got a chance to do things in the outdoors.

· Patrick
1,792 Posts
Looking more for a place to go by boat. I am taking them in my 15" Arima. If they like fishing their moms can take them to the docks or to fish from shore. I will even give them some areas they can go, but I want them to experince being on the water away from large crowds. It allows me more time to explain conservation. Also to allow them to experince something they would not get a chance to do most likely otherwise. The two docks though I will keep in mind for the list of places to have mom take their kids on their own if the kids enjoy.

· Patrick
1,792 Posts
The boat is big for its size. Sleeps 2 as long as they are close {think husband and wife} has a cabin and toilet. I have had as many as 4 full grown men on the boat with 3 fishing at a time. One would drive and we would troll three poles. It was always better with three adults because all could fish at the same time. You can only have two flyfish from at a time due to the roof over the steering area. I plan to take two to three kids and one other adult to help supervise. The adult will be parents of at least one of the kids and we will not be fishing.I am not talking large groups of kids just a few at a time a couple of days this summer. Since I do not have kids myself that all I can handle anyways.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.