Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't see a section where we can talk about gear. can anyone tell me how they like or dislike their new Lamson Guru? for the price and drag system (which I trust rather than do weeks of research) seems pretty good for under 250 Bucks. I purchased the 3.5 and will hope to use it for kings as well.

Also, how does ya like the simms freestone wading boots? Thanks. I apprecate it.

·
Banned
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hey thanks alot. i wanted to support a local fly shop but i don't have cc's any more and I just don't have that kind of cash. cabela's doesn't offer their easy pay 6 month plan but bass pro does so I ordered this stuff and also my first pair of simms headwater stockingfoots. too bad there isn't many steelhead around from who i asked I'm really looking forward to fishing this weekend so i'll take a drive somewhere. most likely the sky on sat. and sleep over. will finally be nice to walk a river a bit more comfortable and safer. I've had a pair of Cabela's goretex stockingfoot waders since 2004 and they still are performing flawlessly but I want to use them as a back up and retire them for a bit. They have served me very well.

yeah that guru is a great lookin reel. i don't care for the name though. why couldn't they just call it the Rogue, or something else. who cares, i'm happy to have one.

·
I hope she likes whitefish
1,724 Posts
I picked up my freestones at the local fly shop on sale for like $75 (still had the felt soles). In the last two years, I've put on probably close to 15 miles of hiking in them just to get to fishing holes. Not even including actual wading. These boots are solid and will take a beating. I think I ordered mine a full size up and there is minimal slop in them even when wet wading...with neoprene socks of course. Great boots, you can't go wrong with them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.