Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like a nice reel and I am thinking about buying one. Anyone have any feedback?

It would go on a 6 wt GLX.

Happy Thanksgiving.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
That'd be a fine choice -- both in general and with that rod specifically. At that price point you've got options on some nice reels, but you won't have any regrets if you pick the Velocity.

·
Registered
11,255 Posts
I don't know what your are targeting with this set-up, I choose the V3 for my six weight. I believe it was 3.5", the V2 is smaller. You can generally knock off 10-15% on their listed backing capacities.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys I appreciate the advice. I bought the Velocity 2 today before seeing the posts about the next size up being bigger.

This will be my Yakima-Grand Ronde-Missouri "on top" setup.

I am gonna fish this reel and probably buy a Velocity 3 for my streamer rod which is a RPL 7100 graphite II. I have a few older milled STH Airweights that I have fished for years but they are starting to breakdown (screw missing in clicker model I could probabaly fix but the lever drag has a bigger issue). I always felt like I was giving the monarchy the finger fishing these Argentine made beauties. Does anyone know who fixes STH stuff now? I heard Cortland bought STH. I called Cortland on tuesday left a detailed message with repair but haven't heard back but it is a holiday week so I will wait and try again on monday.

Thanks for the advice and happy holidays.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.