Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
SANCHO!
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd share this real quick for those of you that didn't get to wet a line today. Being that I have a really open work schedual, I get to fish just about everyday. Today I actually twice, in the morning and earlier this evening. Well anyways I was already 15 minutes late for a dinner date (top foods is having a sale on king crab btw) and I saw this fish slurping in the shallows. I fish this little stretch pretty often and have good luck with it, but today I was gettin skunked. It was getting pretty dark and my phone kept virbrating in my pocket from missed calls. So I switched to a tiny spent black gnat pattern that I've been watching come off for the last couple days. Promised myself only 5 more casts and I was gonna call it quits. So i dropped it in there a few times and serious as shit on the 5th cast almost as I had willed it to be, this fat guy slammed it so hard it almost took the rod outta my hand. Not the biggest fish but fat as a football and one of the best fights lake fishing this spring. :) Here's a pic...

http://www.webauction4u.com/images/listingimages/byrs/lastcast.jpg

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.