Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In case you have a fat tax return this year and want to spend an exorbitant amount on a vise, there is one listed on Ebay. I'm not affiliated with the seller but it was entertaining to read the comments he got when it was listed on another site. It's all yours for a mere $4.3k.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
I'd buy one if i had a heap of spare cash! I seen a couple of years ago on another site one pop up in the classifieds from a new member from South Africa for $2500 with tools & materials, dude was told to go away cos` he didn't have minimum amount of posts to sell something! Mostly religious none drinking cat owners!

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It was @ an even Four Grand last week on a FB page. The guy really caught some flack from those "not appreciating the history of the vise........."
I agree. It was interesting to read the comments and see the backlash. I dont care how much someone is willing to pay for something since I know that there are many that can throw down that kind of cash without hesitation but my doubt still lies on if it is the best performing vise. That could certainly be argued but the premium price has to be solely based on owning a piece of history.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I bought one direct from Mr Waldron about 12+ years ago for #700 CDN which is now pretty comparable to some higher end North American vices today. Truth be told I still prefer my 50 year old Thompson A, which I learned to tie on, and still tie on today for most flies #12 or larger. I have replaced the jaws 3 times during its lifetime

Douig

·
Let's Go Brandon!!
1,859 Posts
I agree. It was interesting to read the comments and see the backlash. I dont care how much someone is willing to pay for something since I know that there are many that can throw down that kind of cash without hesitation but my doubt still lies on if it is the best performing vise. That could certainly be argued but the premium price has to be solely based on owning a piece of history.
Right on............. Something is worth what another is willing to pay. Period.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I bought one direct from Mr Waldron about 12+ years ago for #700 CDN which is now pretty comparable to some higher end North American vices today. Truth be told I still prefer my 50 year old Thompson A, which I learned to tie on, and still tie on today for most flies #12 or larger. I have replaced the jaws 3 times during its lifetime

Douig
I will pay you 700 CDN for it now if you wish to sell... :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.