Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seem to have sprung a leak in my Hodgman Wadelite breathable nylon waders. :SAD Any ideas out there for repairing them? Can I just use an iron-on patch or is some specialty material required? It must be a small hole as I see no visible evidence of a tear.

Thanks Much!

·
Registered
385 Posts
Aquaseal is a great product, and I've heard good things about Loon's Sunset too, but have not personaly used it. I turn my waders inside-out and fill them with water, and look for the leaks. Then mark the spots with any pen that will write when wet, and seal on holes from the inside. :THUMBSUP

·
Just an Old Man
35,207 Posts
What do I know---I'm just an old man

I just did that on the heels of my waders. When I took them off after a day of fishing my heels were damp. They usually are but from sweating. (non breathables).Well I filled them up with water and lo and behold the waders got wet around the heel area so I did the aquaseal thing. And tomorrow if it's nice again I will fill up the legs with water and check for leaks. I have one in my right leg but i can't find it.

Was going to go buy some new ones but when I got to the sporting goods store they didn't have my size. Gart Sports has a 40% off sale on all Hodgeman waders.

Jim

·
Registered
40 Posts
First, how old are they? Can you take them back??? I always try that first if its some what new. If not turn insideout fill with water, locate the leak, and aquaseal. The aquaseal works good I have used it before, and it stopped the leak. Good Luck----Jon

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.