Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found my way to Leech Lake on Saturday, after a two and a half hour drive from Mill Creek. The weather was gorgeous--calm and clear. I started paddling out about 6:30 am, and soon had a few small Brookies on.
After the sun hit the water, fish were rising all around the lake. Using mostly dries, I found the triploids, and was then busy the rest of the day. It was a little crowded--fifteen tubers and pontooners--but fish could be found just about anywhere on this little jewel.
A word of warning--I went in to the north shore to find a shallow place to evacuate my bladder, and an apparently pissed-off otter started harrassing me. He came up to within about fifteen feet, snorting up a storm. Needless to say, I didn't want to get caught with my waders down, so I tied a clinch knot in it and paddled back out to catch a few more triploids before heading back home.
A nice lake. Take care of the fish!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Aaron, Curious about what flies you were nailing them with. I was up there about a month ago and absolutely slayed them with a Royal Wulf in the morning and an olive wooley bugger pretty much all day long. Heading up there again this weekend so I was wondering if it has changed at all. thanks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.