Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Love da little fishies
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I arrived at leach lake Friday evening to find all campsites full. I was tempted to set up
Camp in the horse camping area, but a sign claimed it was for old cowboy freaks only. Bummer. Not really, it just said something like only horse people
Can camp there. I cruised thru and there was on!y 2 campsites of multiple taken.

I then drove east and visited 6 campgrounds and found no campsites open. I finally found a campsite in a dispersed camping area on a lake approx 15 min from leach.

Sat hit leech in afternoon. Trolled solely buggers with no hits. A black guy in a cool pram and cane rod Named Lue was slaying them on dry flies. On my third pass by him he took mercy on me and gave me 2 of his dry flies, but the dry fly action died off as soon as I tried one on.

I fished to the bitter end. Landed a large triploid with no fight left in him, also landed a very respectable large brookie that put up a good fight. Broke off 2 others. Cold windy toward night. Put on jacket and wool beanie.

·
fish-ician
1,474 Posts
I was there on Saturday. But left at 2. My buddy was needing to be home early, just as the bite was getting good. He didn't tell me he needed to be home early until about 1pm. Argh!

Lue, were you the dude in the Stillwater Classic? I was pulling out in the Hopper 2.

Wayne

·
Love da little fishies
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Should have stayed with the dries still was taking them Greg
Hey Lue,

Thanks for the flies but most of all thanks for your positive attitude and laughter. The fact that I could here your happy chatternwith your buddy gave me hope that I too may be able to find fish because I assumed you were slaying them. I caught fish because you inspired me to stay out during the evening bite rather than heading back to my cozy tent early. Thanks again and nice to meet you

·
Love da little fishies
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was there on Saturday. But left at 2. My buddy was needing to be home early, just as the bite was getting good. He didn't tell me he needed to be home early until about 1pm. Argh!

Lue, were you the dude in the Stillwater Classic? I was pulling out in the Hopper 2.

Wayne
Wayne,. Did I talk to you as you were leaving? I had the old aluminum drift boat behind a pluming van.

·
fish-ician
1,474 Posts
Someone lauched a drift boat at the same time as us in the morning. Two guys in the boat. If that was you, we talked as we drifted (blew) by on the way back to the launch.

·
Lue Taylor/dbfly
2,550 Posts
How come you mentioned that Lue was a black guy? Was that an important detail?
He just wanted to acknowledge that he met the Famous Black Flyfisher! (you say famous how?) Well I have been told several times that I was the first Black Flyfisher ever seen, ask to have my picture taken also several times two different locations, and most important ask to shake my hand while telling me that I am the first black flyfisher they ever seen:D I almost forgot that I have been told I am loud and Tim keep telling me he has never seen me out of my float tube or pram not sure if I have legs.

·
Registered
767 Posts
He just wanted to acknowledge that he met the Famous Black Flyfisher! (you say famous how?) Well I have been told several times that I was the first Black Flyfisher ever seen, ask to have my picture taken also several times two different locations, and most important ask to shake my hand while telling me that I am the first black flyfisher they ever seen:D I almost forgot that I have been told I am loud and Tim keep telling me he has never seen me out of my float tube or pram not sure if I have legs.
Does this mean you wear nothing but waders (according to Tim :>))?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.