Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
AKA: Gregory Mine
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI GUYS, I HAVE BEEN OUT OF TOWN FOR A WHILE NOW, AND WOULD LIKE TO GET MY BOYS INTO SOME CHUMS OR SOMETHING ON SUNDAY... WOULD ANY ONE OF YOU BE WILLING TO LET ME KNOW WHERE I MIGHT FIND SOMETHING TO KEEP THEM INTERESTED? I WAS THINKING THE SATSOP, I NEVER MADE IT THERE LAST WEEK AS I HAD TO LEAVE TOWN AND NOW THAT I AM BACK, THE BOYS REALLY WANT TO GET WET..THEY ARE NOT BABIES, 18 AND 15.... I LIVE IN AUBURN, AND JUST ABOUT ANYWHERE IS OPEN TO ME, I JUST WANT THE BOYS TO HAVE SOME FUN AND TAKE THIER MINDS OFF ALL THE THINGS GOING ON (I'M JUST STARTING GETTING A DIVORCE). THANKS, GREG

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
In Sultan, just under the Bridge or around seems to be easy pickin's. Everytime I meet somebody up there to fish somewhere else, I see at least 4 or 5 fish pulled in while I wait. The bobber pink jig thing. If your throwing a fly, try the a hare ball with gray/white/pink, weighted with eyes or lead.

Good luck with the boys.

Matt

·
Registered
23 Posts
The sky just behind the "pen" was loaded last week end with chum...My son and I fished Friday and Saturday and got plenty of of wrist and arm exercise. It seemed that any anything pink or purple was working at the end of a sink tip and short leader.

Jay :BIGSMILE

·
Flaccid Member
3,899 Posts
being politically correct sucks

ill be on the sky along with my dad sunday morning. i wont be flyfishing (broke 8wt :ANGRY ) so if you can stand a couple of gear slinging bandits for a few hours i wouldnt mind sharing the water. the river is packed and this rain probably brought in more. if you cant make it to the sky just pick a river (that is open of course) and find the lines of cars. i hated the notion of doing such a thing until i actually did it. just walk downstream of the crowds and fish til you drop. deep pools all hold fish since the river(s) are low. real slow frog water has a lot of lifeless, moldy oldies but dont let the half-dead ones fool you. there are plenty of bright ones to be had in the midst of them. right where the frog water meets the fast riffly water is where the good ones stack. i was surprised that we were hooking up bright ones (well, sort of bright) when all i could see was spawned out fish swimming there lives away. those chums dont hide there presence, they jump like crazy. good luck and post if you want to meet up.

~sean~

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.