Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance. 

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished Lenore the morning of the 24th with very little success, fished hard for 3+ hours without a takedown. did see one guy hook 2, the other 12 or so of us got zip. The lake was super low and super weedy. Spots I had fished in past years and not seen the bottom were already covered with weeds. I think most likely due to warm opener which pushed the fishing forward about 2 weeks.

Headed over the Lenice to redeem ourselves and had some good fishing all afternoon pounding the drop-offs with olive buggers, my buddy landed a nice fish nosing 23". Most fish were right around 18-20" and strong. Played around with chronos for an hour or so, missed one, but did best with buggers. That evening there was a crazy midge hatch and it seemed every fish in the lake was up, but we just couldn't dial in.:hmmm:

Fished Rocky F next morning and really got into them, until the wind came up around 12:00 and really made the fishing tough. Decided to head back to Lenore to see if the bite would pick up in the evening. One other guy in a pontoon there said it had been tough and slow all day. He had been there the day before and said it had picked up right as we left for Lenice (of course). Fished hard for another 3+ hours with two smallish fish and zip for my buddy. We tried buggers, chronos, everything-tough couple days at Lenore for me.

Friday was our last day and we decided to head over to Amber. I had never fished it and was wanting to check out some new water. Very windy on Friday, but we did manage a 3-4 fish a piece on bloodworms and such in the morning. It is a real beautiful setting out there at Amber. Decided to head back to Lenice on our way home, wind was really howling. Again we fished buggers near the reeds as to not get blown across the lake. My buddy had two on, none to hand. I managed one to hand and one more on.

Wind made the trip tough, but we still caught some nice fish and had a good time.

Jarron

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lenore can be a tough one. I have always had good success this time of year. I was there about 3 weeks ago and got 6-7 in the evening just fishing from the bank in 1-2 hours. Can be real hit and miss. I will have to give Nunally a try again in a few weeks.

Jarron

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.