Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to buy a used reel for my 9' TFO BVK 7 weight, preferably a reel that is on the lighter side. I would be willing to sacrifice backing capacity for weight. My max budget is $100 so my options are limited but I'd be interested in reels with cosmetic wear as long as their functional.

Feel free to PM me any and all offers.

Thanks for looking

·
Registered
6,812 Posts
Redington CD #9/10 large arbor, silver, new in cordura case. Machined, teflon coated bearings, cork disc drag. Redington designated this a 9 weight reel, but it's really sized for a 7 weight.

I have 3 of them, and use one with a WF7F line.These were made in the same factory as the venerable Orvis Mid Arbor, the primary differences being the Orvis used a ceramic drag and a different handle (the Redington's is better). Redington offers incredible service and unconditional warranty.

$70 shipped in the lower 48.

Wheel Corded phone Automotive lighting Telephone Amber
Font Silver Nickel Jewellery Technology

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Richard, thanks for the offer but I'm going to have to pass. I'd rather have something on the 6-7 wt. side rather than the 7-8-9 wt. side. Your reel (and price) looks great thought, just not exactly what I'm looking for.

·
Registered
6,812 Posts
Hey Richard, thanks for the offer but I'm going to have to pass. I'd rather have something on the 6-7 wt. side rather than the 7-8-9 wt. side. Your reel (and price) looks great thought, just not exactly what I'm looking for.
Ok. You might want to re-think the 6-7 reel size, though. That BVK is a powerful rod, and people often upline them, with folks using an 8 weight line on the 7 weight. An 8 weight line would really fill up a 6-7 reel...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.