Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy all!

I realize there's some good info in the archives already, just thought I'd post again to get some fresh perspectives on the Z-axis switch
and proper lining. I'm matching the rod with a Galvan T-8 reel and wondering if anyone has any good line recomendations... I really like
the Rio lines and thinking of going with the Indicator 8 for a floater and Outbound Short for a sink tip....

Any info and advice is appreciated.

thanks and tight lines!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
wow. thanks for all the recommendations...
I suppose I should clarify that my intended use for this rod is for chasing monster alaskan 'bows and steelhead... drifting beads, flesh, and swinging weighted leeches. I'm not really all that concerned about Spey casting at the moment, although I imagine I'll play with it sometime.

I currently have a Redington 6wt CPX Switch, with Rio's Rio Grand floater and their Outbound Short sinking head, both in 7wts, and both seem to cast excellent with the rod...

My fishing gear inventory grows by the day around here so I'd like to keep this rod/line combo relatively simple... (I just got a new centerpin rig, too!)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for the input, longstick...
which Outbound line are you using? the floater, intermediate, or sink? what's best for swinging big nasty art. leeches and dolly llamas down on the lower kenai in october...?

I like my Outbound short/sink on my CPX but I cant see the grey running line enough to mend it... and who knows where my fly ever goes...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.