Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Robert
3,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Renting a cabin in Hyak for a week early August for a wedding in North Bend. Thinking it's a short drive to LK and have access to private property on the west side. Is worth giving a try? Have pontoon and float tubes. Thought it might be something to do with the grandkids as an alternative to the Seattle tour that we've all done several times.

·
Robert
3,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks large and deep. I've been there once, about 10 years ago. Didn't fish but the property we were on had a nice looking cove with structure. Water maybe pretty warm in August, but I thought there maybe some legal creeks at the head of the lake to explore. The Yakima is always an option..................

·
Gone south
1,109 Posts
Kachess is mostly trolled for kokanee, but I've certainly seen fish jumping all over that lake when I've pulled over to eat lunch there a few times (July-Sep time frame), so worth a shot on the fly or with light gear & spinners, I'd think. Just FYI (despite Google Maps' labeling), "Little Kachess" is the skinny part north of the campground/narrows, the rest is just Kachess. It's a gorgeous place to go, with or without fishing!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.