Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever fish Roosevelt for smallmouth? I was thinking a sinktip line and a crawfish pattern would work but i was wondering if anybody had some advice, especially on places to fish seeing as i am shorebound at the moment...

P.S.- Pontoon boat is still missing... sad day

tight lines,

-Connor

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Sorry about you toon man. I actually had a guy accuse me of stealing his while I was floating the yak canyon about three months ago....weird how much those things get nabbed. Anyhow, I have fished in in several places and done well....even on a floating line. I fished clousers in olive over white and brown over olive, and many crawfish patterns. Porcupine bay has always been good to me.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sounds great! i'll tie up some clousers and crawfish patterns and maybe i'll drive out there and give it a shot this weekend. and ya, its unfortunate the pontoon is gone, whoever took it though really wanted it, they cut through 4 bike locks to get it out of the back of my truck, and not those cheap little cable locks either, full on stainless U-locks. hopefully insurance will cover enough of it so i can get a new one.

-Connor

G

·
Floating line, next to shore (or cover), use a Slidder. It's a popper turned around. Yellow, or bright green (chartuse-?) has worked well for me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.