Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Veðrfölnir
5,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow, is it truly an Indian summer up here right now!

I have never seen early November temps rising like they are this year. It's supposed to be in the 50's for the next two weeks, with the lowest lows still over 40f.

This will extendend fishing locally. Due to this, I am going to be hitting the lakes hard. After this weekend we have no kids for two weeks.

Let me know if you're interested in fishing together, or are around the area.

Attachments

·
Sculpin Enterprises
3,461 Posts
In that case I'm going to hate you for the next two weeks Jeremy.
Huh? Aren't you retired? Can't you just pack up what you need and join him for a week? Isn't that one of the special benefits of retirement, the potential to take off when you want where you want? Maybe you need to do some research on how to be retired. Those of us still working for a living would have an excuse if so inclined. I just hope that Jeremy continues to share his adventures and pictures and I can be fishing vicariously through him.
Steve

·
Veðrfölnir
5,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fifty two is more like it..

Now that you're old and retired, vs just old and tired, you have the even more ability to get a 90 day-at-a-time entry visa. Think how little "the attic" costs to vacation with your wife from August 15-November 15.

·
Registered
15,541 Posts
Oh, I could turn around and drive back north, but I'd already committed to some work locally. The kids bought their first home, and want to fix it up and update it a bit before moving in, counting on me not to be able to resist some cabinet and flooring work. Like fishing, puttering around building things is one of my favorite hobbies.

And Mrs. Salmo still works, so I don't think she'll be all that supportive of a 90-day visa just yet Jeremy. I just got off the phone with a friend, and he reminded me of another local fly fisher who spends a month and a half in Quesnel in the spring and another month and a half in the fall. He kinda' likes fishing for those Canadian troots.

·
Sculpin Enterprises
3,461 Posts
Oh, I could turn around and drive back north, but I'd already committed to some work locally. The kids bought their first home, and want to fix it up and update it a bit before moving in, counting on me not to be able to resist some cabinet and flooring work. Like fishing, puttering around building things is one of my favorite hobbies.

And Mrs. Salmo still works, so I don't think she'll be all that supportive of a 90-day visa just yet Jeremy. I just got off the phone with a friend, and he reminded me of another local fly fisher who spends a month and a half in Quesnel in the spring and another month and a half in the fall. He kinda' likes fishing for those Canadian troots.
Hmmm, I have heard from retired friends (more and more of the SOBs all the time among my friends and more on the horizon....) that they are busier in retirement than when they were employed. Compromise, fish for a week.

Steve

·
Smells like low tide.
7,951 Posts
Hmmm, I have heard from retired friends (more and more of the SOBs all the time among my friends and more on the horizon....) that they are busier in retirement than when they were employed. Compromise, fish for a week.

Steve
"Retirement!" :confused: Who ever came up with that one? There is no such thing as "retirement." :( As a former pro slacker, I'd say that not much has changed for me. I still have to plan for my lake fishing, just like I always did when I was slacking "full time," although my idea of "full time"may vary from yours. Actually, part-time slacking isn't much different from not doing anything full-time.

So yes, with the balmy weather persisting, I'm planning on doing some lake fishing this week, and as long as the warmer temps hold out. Daytime highs pushing 60 F (definitely into the upper 50's) and overnight lows in the low 50's/high40's... doesn't feel like Nov to me!

·
Just an Old Man
35,199 Posts
Been kind of warm here in Montana also. Been in the 60's for the last three or four days. We had some snow in October. If I wasn't so stove up I would get out. But at my old age I keep falling down and fucking up my ribs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.