Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Stop Killing Wild Steelhead!
5,673 Posts
The riverine sea runs are choking on silt and the salty ones are hungry. One great read on sea runs is Greg Tims article, off the ARTICLES link on the home page of this site. Another nice read is out of Doug Rose's book;
"Fly Fishing The Olympic Peninsula". There is considerable evidence that some cutts stay in the salt more than just a year or a half year at a time. We catch them up here around Port Townsend all winter, though not the way we do in spring and fall as far as numbers goes. I have been getting out some, but there are some guys up here who really fish all winter for them. You will need stealth, numerous disguises and vehicles, perhaps night vision goggles etc., just to follow these men to their spots.If they see you doing this they will shoot you. It's rugged country up here.The cutt fishing off the beaches and creeks will only improve with each passing day into spring.

·
Registered
777 Posts
I've been fishing the North Sound beaches a lot lately, no luck here! Picnic Point and Whidbey Island have been dead for me...

worldanglr
http://www.worldanglr.com/

Calling Fly Fishing a hobby is like calling Brain Surgery a job.
-Paul Schullery

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Three hook-ups (one brought to hand, two LDR's) in pretty brutal conditions on a North Sound beach yesterday morning. All three on orange/white clousers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.