Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey gang....its been a long while. I've had some ups and downs the past few years and have been off the forum. Up side is I had gone back to school and changed careers. I'm now a trauma nurse and loving it. Down side is I a long story for another time, but the short is I took a fall while crab fishing on some boulders and destroyed my left foot. Many surgeries took me off the water for some time, but I am finally back to it. I can work a 12 hour shift on my feet and not have pain, and even better, I can wade my favorite waters again....all be it...much slower and more carefully. Good to be back feeling gravel crunch under my boots.
X-ray Radiography Medical imaging Human body Jaw

Here's a question I have. I just came back from a week on the North Fork of the Coeur d'Alene river, which was outstanding. I am rethinking my fly boxes....more particular my nymph and dry setup. For streamers I use a large Bugger Barn and love it. My other main box is an XL Flambeau Blue Ribbon box half foam holders and half flip open compartment. I'm primarily a dirty double nympher, with an addiction for terrestrials when I go to drys. My Flambeau is packed, and my nymphs are getting packed and crowded out as I am expanding my dry and emerger selection that gets used. With new and great products coming out all the time, I'm curious what people are currently loving for box setups. I'm considering reserving some Bugger Barn real estate for my larger terrestrials, and splitting that other box into two boxes...one for nymphs and one for dries. So I'm probably interested in the best nimph and dry boxes. That Flambeau is really thick, so I'm thinking two slim but spacious boxes would sub in well. I carry everything in one waist pack, so thickness is important. Hopefully that paints enough of a picture to get at what I'm going for.

·
Let's Go Brandon!!
1,859 Posts
Pics of your boxes might help........ Just completed a flybox re-set, and had one helluva hard time just putting in what I really needed. That would be, really needed, and no "just-in-case and "what-if" flies...."

·
Banned
1,626 Posts
Since I am still a vest guy, weight becomes an issue. That said, Morell, lightweight, boxes make life much easier after several hours of wading.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.