Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi: My first venture onto this site. Am looking for instructions on how to tie the FS Sand Lance surface fly for cutties ... and all other SW salmonids who eat sand lance. I have one pattern, but my first efforts seem to be too "fat". Thanks, FD

·
Registered
58 Posts
Try typing "Sand Lance" in the seach box (without the quatation marks and a space between Sand and Lance). There is an outstanding post by Roger Stephens titled "Stellar top water sea-run cutthroat fishing", 10/2/2009. He includes tying instructions, photo, and great fishing knowledge. The link: http://www.washingtonflyfishing.com/...ght=Sand+Lance . This will take you to a group of treads, scroll down to the 10/6/2009 one and within it scroll down to the 10/2/2009 post.

·
Eyes to the sky...
2,737 Posts
OK Jason, I want to see a picture of that. I would say lets go but I am still workning on getting my launch put togeter. Rain drove me into the garage today.
No dice. It's a super secret. Give me a shout when you can get out there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.