Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Patrick
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to be fishing Westport on Sunday for my one bait using fishing trip of the year. A group from work gets together and does the charter thing once per year. So I do not feel to soiled I want to fish somewhere along the way there on Saturday with a fly rod.
I would like to find a river or creek along the way I can try for the first time. Does not matter the size of fish or the type, whitefish or small cutts work well for me. I just want to use a fly rod rather then the big bait rods used on the charter. I see on the map alot of small creeks etc but know nothing about any of them. If no one response I will just try out for myself one or two of them but I would not mind alittle advice on the area. I will be hiking or driving to them since the boats are all staying at home for this trip just my wadders.
I also would be willing to hook up with someone who might be fishing in the area on Saturday if someone is already going.

·
Smells like low tide.
7,951 Posts
Looking for river or creek to try along hwy 105 By ...

hikepat,

All of those creeks are actually quite small, with skinny little estuaries at the mouths. I have checked out most of the larger ones and decided they were too small to fish except maybe at their mouths. Some of them are bordered by private property.

Earlier this Spring, I bushwhacked into a small beaver pond on one of the larger creeks, saw some small cutties rising, and actually found a good spot to stand and cast, if I'd had my flyrod with me. Lucky thing I didn't, because I was accosted by a landowner on the way out who told me he owned the property I had traversed and didn't want the public in there, as it was a very sensitive place and sometimes the neighbor kids fish it.

E-mail me for specifics and my phone#.

Jimbo
:thumb

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.