Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Retired Mod
11,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of you have Dan Homel's "Washington Lake fishing"? If any of you do, could you PLEASE get a pattern out of it for me. A fellow fly tyer wants a pattern called a Kokanee Candy. I did a websearch here and the net and kept leading me here lol. But got one pattern off here, but said there's another pattern in the book. So, if any of you have this book, could you please get the pattern and email the recipe to me. If you do, I could probably get you some free Kokanee Candy's. My friend is a professional fly tyer as well (I only tie salmon and steelhead patterns). So I think she'd really thank the one who gave me the pattern. LOL. I already emailed her the pattern I have, but want to cross reference the one from the book just to make sure that's it. Don't want her client ticked because she tied the wrong fly.

Thanks

·
Retired Mod
11,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL Thanks Kerry

Actually, about 10 minutes after I posted this, she let me know she found a copy. She lives in Colorado, so not nearby. But she has one and it's been ordered. She's supposed to have it in a couple days.

Thanks again. Figures, I barely post and now she has it. LOL

·
Registered
156 Posts
LOL Thanks Kerry

SH69,
In case she can't wait, here is the recipe:

Trout Candy (Soft Hackle Kokanee Fly)
Hook: Traditional wet fly or curved scud hood #12 and 14
Body: Wound pearl mylar or flashabou over a thread base
Thorax: Collar of fine ostrich herl
Hackle: Soft gray hackle or dun hen

Obsessed....

·
Retired Mod
11,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
LOL Thanks Kerry

Thanks Obsessed. I'll email it to her. I'm sure the book will have other useful patterns for you.

Bob, yeah, I don't think ANY guy is fast enough anymore. LOL

·
Formerly Tight Loops
1,341 Posts
I thought I posted this yesterday, but now it is not here:

On the web, the best place to look for hard to find, or older books is www.abebooks.com. I get a good number of books from there, especially fishing books.

In Seattle, the best place to look for, or look at, fishing books, or just to chat flyfishing, is at David Ishii Books 212 1st Ave S, Seattle, (206) 622-4719. David is a guy who used to hang out at Patrick's shortly after they opened, and has many stories of fly fishing with the greats of the northwest.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.