Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Rebel, Truth Seeker
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I managed to leave my reel on the bumper of the truck last thursday (the 17th) as I was leaving the first (or maybe the second) parking lot after you pass Red's. It's a black Okuma with yellow floating line on it. I was hoping it would turn up under the seat of my buddies truck. If anyone found it and would like to return it, pleaee let me know. Otherwise, congrats on your new reel.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Sorry to hear it, man. If it's any consolation, know that you're not the first guy to leave your gear in a parking lot. Earlier this season, I leaned my Scott Eclipse rod and Galvan reel -- literally the most expensive things I own, besides my vehicle -- against my truck after a day of fishing and proceeded to get in the truck and drive off. This was at Pine Lake, not long after the lake had been stocked, so there were hordes of people around. When I returned an hour later, there sat my rod and reel on the ground, completely unscathed.

Here's hoping you have the same kind of luck.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
All of us should make a firm habit of NEVER placing a rod against our vehicle, not the hood, not the top and particularly not against the side or near the door --anywhere but there and you'll prbably never loose it.
Bob, the Mostly Happy
:thumb

G

·
I have made a habit of not breaking down my rod until I have the tube in hand. Prevents me from accidently breaking the thing in the trunk or door. Anyone else have some pointers to keep our gear ours and not damaging the stuff.:professor

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.