Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Eyes to the sky...
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week, I broke my 5wt. It was a bargain cave rod from Cabela's, so I'm stuck. This week I managed to put a crack in my BRAND FUCKING NEW Echo spey. :beathead::beathead::beathead: They have a great warranty so I'll get a new one soon enough, but it's still a PITA. I also broke my cell on the same trip that the spey got it. And I got skunked both trips. And my dick fell off. OK, my dick didn't fall off. But the last 2 weeks have REALLY tested my patience.
This rant has been brought to you by Cabela's, Echo and Samsung. We understand that you have many choices in rants, and thank you for choosing Jason.

·
Hot Carl
8,805 Posts
as far as the phone... after breaking 3 in one summer on fishing outings, i switched to verizon, and got one of these: (the new models are much neater though)

after countless dunkings, being dropped from high places on to pavement, and all around being beat to crap; it has held up and working just fine and dandy two years later!

·
1,411 Posts
as far as the phone... after breaking 3 in one summer on fishing outings, i switched to verizon, and got one of these: (the new models are much neater though)

after countless dunkings, being dropped from high places on to pavement, and all around being beat to crap; it has held up and working just fine and dandy two years later!
Used to have this phone before upgrading to something different. Casio made a nice phone, but the software (probably Verizon) on this phone, when you can't lock the volume functions and miss a call, is horrible.
Hopefully you don't have the same issues with this phone as I did Evan.

·
Hot Carl
8,805 Posts
Used to have this phone before upgrading to something different. Casio made a nice phone, but the software (probably Verizon) on this phone, when you can't lock the volume functions and miss a call, is horrible.
Hopefully you don't have the same issues with this phone as I did Evan.
I've had 0 problems with mine, and am about to do my 2yr upgrade on the new model. I'll sacrifice bells and whistles for well... having a phone I can't break (I would have accidentally broke this phone at least a dozen times over if it were any other)

·
NEVER wonder what to do with your free time
984 Posts
All is not lost. If you're not living off icecubes and butter, the prospect of getting a new rod isn't bad.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
I was out on the Carbon River for work last week and got into a little dicey situation and ended up having my rod and reel go in the drink. We did a quick search and couldn't find it. Awaiting word on whether or not it will be replaced.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'm not far behind you, orangeradish. It took me a month, but I managed to break my second rod this morning. The first- my Sage- was my fault. This morning, casting a weighted fly at Picnic Point with my Cabela's rod, it snapped right in half. Fortunately, just got off the phone with Cabela's, and they told me to just bring it in and they'd give me a replacement.

·
Eyes to the sky...
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was out on the Carbon River for work last week and got into a little dicey situation and ended up having my rod and reel go in the drink. We did a quick search and couldn't find it. Awaiting word on whether or not it will be replaced.
Ouch. Good luck!
I'm not far behind you, orangeradish. It took me a month, but I managed to break my second rod this morning. The first- my Sage- was my fault. This morning, casting a weighted fly at Picnic Point with my Cabela's rod, it snapped right in half. Fortunately, just got off the phone with Cabela's, and they told me to just bring it in and they'd give me a replacement.
Gotta love a waranty!

·
Free Man
1,872 Posts
I'vehad an old Samsung flip phone from Verizon for at least 4 years. It's been dropped a dozen times, including once 6' onto my lower deck, fell in the sound when I was cleaning a coho, and it now looks like two miles of bad road. I've never even replaced the battery and it works perfectly. I'm sure they don't make them any more, durability is a bad business model.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.