Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple buddies and I fished the lower Stilly for the first time last week from Arlington down to the access area near I-5. We did pretty well on SRC's, but didn't manage to hook any steelhead. Is it too early to expect decent numbers? We did see some rolling around in the hole where the forks meet.

I was very impressed with this river and can't wait to hit it again. I was also surprised when I hooked what I thought was going to be a nice SRC (16-18 inches), but instead landed an awesome rainbow. It didn't show any signs of cutthroat and I assume it was a resident fish. Anyone else have any similar experiences? :THUMBSUP

·
Bigfoot is blurry
1,915 Posts
Summer fish in the Stilly system are in the upper reaches by now and it's a bit early for winter fish to be rolling in. A better river flow would help to entice any early winter steelhead into the system. My guess on the fish you saw rolling is that they were chums.

·
Just an Old Man
35,203 Posts
What do I know---I'm just an old man

I agree with you on what is in the river rolling. I stopped down at rhe park in Arlington one day last week right after they opened the river for Salmon. Gear chuckers all over the place. So If you want to target Chums that is the place to go.

Jim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.