Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished it a few times last week and over the weekend. Caught nothing. I have heard of steelies beeing caught but I couldn't prove that.

Maybe go get a brookie or two this week.

Lotsa kings at the Issaquah hatchery.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Were you wading? I have been thinking of fishing the Snoqualmie for sea-run cuts, and an outside chance at a steelhead. I'm just looking for suggestions on spots where I can access the river and wade. A PM would be fine.

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
The river was running low the last I looked. 10-1-10.
Fall City might offer some access but I am not sure of success.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Was high compared to September. Yes I was wading. I floated it about a month ago and caught a sea run, the person I was with caught a sea run and a jake.

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
I don't know if it is the level going up and down or the appearance of the Kings but the searuns and steelhead have been spooky as a whore in church on a Sunday.

I fish this river a lot and at least once a week from the first of June on. Lately it has been a real tease. Generally I fish below Fall City. The cutts and late summer runs showed up on time but when the Kings came into the system they became darned hard to catch. The kings start to roll and chase around and the cutts and steelhead just flat out refuse to play!

Dave

·
545 Posts
Was there Sunday morning a bit later than I wanted and all of the runs I was looking to fish were already occupied. While waiting patiently for my turn, I witnessed a dude pull in a nice hatchery fish with no bonk. They are in there for sure...

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'd like to get out and try the Snoqualmie. I recently moved to Seattle and have never fished it. Can anyone suggest a spot or two where there is access to wade the river?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Was there Sunday morning a bit later than I wanted and all of the runs I was looking to fish were already occupied. While waiting patiently for my turn, I witnessed a dude pull in a nice hatchery fish with no bonk. They are in there for sure...
Sounds somewhat promising... Does anyone know if the summer run of hatchery fish is generally more robust than the winter run? also, I noticed a wooden grate put up by the hatchery on Tokle (sp?) creek that would block the summer fish - why??

·
Flaccid Member
3,899 Posts
Sounds somewhat promising... Does anyone know if the summer run of hatchery fish is generally more robust than the winter run? also, I noticed a wooden grate put up by the hatchery on Tokle (sp?) creek that would block the summer fish - why??
they were doing some work on a bridge on tokul creek and actually dammed the creek to get it done. google it.

·
Flaccid Member
3,899 Posts
Tokul Creek hatchery is a winter run hatchery. The bulk of the summer runs are wild/native fish.

Dave
are you serious? i have heard of 1 native this summer. i think you got that info mixed up. the tolt, raging and snoq are almost entirely hatchery steelhead plants. there arent too many natives around. mostly those roached, skinny brats with banged up noses and haggard fins.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.