Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,331 Posts
I thought about fishing a lake not too far from @b_illymac's favorite place for girls but it was raining and cold so I went in search of rainbow trout. Found some and the lake is FULL!

Food Water Fish Fish products Ray-finned fish

The water is cold, 38.5F the trout are a bit colored, only one fish was bright.
Snake Whiskers Scaled reptile Serpent Python

Managed to get the tules in focus. Took three trout on a small purple midge fished under an indicator. Took two more fish on a minnow pattern stripped slowly in.
Sky Plant Cloud Plant community Natural landscape

Didn't see any rattlesnakes, didn't see any ticks. Did see a WDFW game warden who checked my license.

The wind became brutal and the rain started back up. The bite ceased or maybe I was just too cold to cast.

·
Custom Title
12,145 Posts
Those are NICE fish, Pat! Rained here most of the day which scuttled my b-day range plan. Oh well, the pellet stove made for a cozy afternoon (and a nice nap!).

·
Registered
7,331 Posts
Those are NICE fish, Pat! Rained here most of the day which scuttled my b-day range plan. Oh well, the pellet stove made for a cozy afternoon (and a nice nap!).
I got off this mysterious water just as the rain started coming down. By the time I got back to Soap Lake, it was pouring and the wind had picked up even more. I wish I'd gotten a picture of the first fish, big shoulders and bright. Next time.

·
Registered
7,331 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.