Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, when i lived in Alaska, i didn't fish for bows and dollies as much as i should have but not having a boat kind of limits ya on covering water but i did manage to park along sterling hwy below the ferry crossing and did well all summer long and into the fall using white maribou muddler minnows and you can use brown but stick to the white to resemble a flesh fly and i also did very well using black with purple tinsel body. size 4. they ate me up. biggest around 7 lbs but i had lots of fun last year. they worked just as good as beads and flesh and i think it gives them a different look maybe even better than an eggsucking leech.

stock up on some if your planning to get up there this summer. I also hooked many on teeny nymphs in ginger color.

·
Banned
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i thought dollies and char were the same thing but i could have forgot what the difference is. there are some big fish in that river and I think if anyone really wanted to target trophy bows and dollies or char that they need to take the trip. fly into anc, rent a car for a week, hire a guide for a day or two and you will never be sorry. good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.