Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Resident Swinger
1,773 Posts
I agree ak. I think that could put us up there this next year. I do like the on base percentage of some of the newly acquired players. It's been fun watching all the changes this off season and makes me excited to see a seattle team win. The hawks are just depressing.

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
What in the HELL does this or Mora's firing have to do with fishing in any sense?

Get rid of this BS.

If you want to sideline coach then go to a Mariners or Sea Chicken forum.

Yeah I know if I don't like it then don't read it reply. But these off the wall threads are getting to be a bit much. Personally I loath these over payed, egotistical aberations that are the norm in ? professional sports. Just think what good for our fisheries could be accomplished with the tax payer subsidies being payed for these bull shit games.

Dave

·
Registered
270 Posts
This has been a great offseason for the mariners. Jack Z. has at this point arranged a team that I feel fits Safeco field perfectly: speed, pitching and defense. Chone and Lee highlight the moves this offseason and with their additions I think we will have great baseball to watch this summer. While I would love to have a big bat in our line up the free agent class this year was really weak and Jack didn’t go out and pay Bay or Holliday who in reality are not all that great of hitters and don’t fit our philosophy. I am soooo very excited for the season to start with felix and lee at the top of our rotation this could be a special year.

-Connor

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
What in the HELL does this or Mora's firing have to do with fishing in any sense?

Get rid of this BS.

Dave
Yeah, c'mon guys. It's been at least 36 hours since I've read a R*cky F*rd report here (I'd hate to spell it out and give out any secrets). And it's been days since someone started a four-page thread about getting low-holed -- AGAIN -- and we all chime in about how much we hate that and wonder what the world's coming to. Not to mention that we've probably gone a week without discussing wading boots. Does none of this stuff matter to you guys any more????

With so much fishing stuff that ain't getting talked about any more how can anyone talk about anything but fishing.

·
Registered
11,299 Posts
I think a big bat would be the only thing left to go after, but I'm doubting it will happen. I still see Adrian Gonzalez rumors, but who knows with the signing of Kotchman or whatever. I am so stoked for the spring! Should be alot of fun. Amazing defense, great one-two starters, solid bullpen, speed, clutch hitting... Could be fun. Maybe wishful thinking, but Felix and Lee in a 7 game playoff series? That would be tough for anyone to face!

On a side note..... Pete Carol? Seriously???

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
I think they are just waiting to see what deals can be made after the season gets going. If the Angels fail they may save $$ and just go cheap witch would be the normal M O . I say wait it out and and get a bat before the deadline.

·
Proud to Be Alaskan
3,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Get rid of this BS.

Yeah I know if I don't like it then don't read it reply. But these off the wall threads are getting to be a bit much. Personally I loath these over payed, egotistical aberations that are the norm in ? professional sports. Just think what good for our fisheries could be accomplished with the tax payer subsidies being payed for these bull shit games.

Dave
Then don't click on the thread...

·
skeeps
83 Posts

Get rid of this BS.

Dave
Sounds to me like you did appriciate this thread. However you do make a good point which i couldnt agree more with. " I loath these yada yada yada"

·
Just an Old Man
35,207 Posts
Why is it that when Chris says to cut down on these NFR threads. They seem to show up two fold.

Must not be any fish out there to catch so you all flood this site with bullshit. plus alot of you don't even have the balls to put the NFR title on your posts.

I guess that a lot of you newer people have never read the Forum Rules.

·
AKA Joe Willauer
2,135 Posts
Yeah, c'mon guys. It's been at least 36 hours since I've read a R*cky F*rd report here (I'd hate to spell it out and give out any secrets). And it's been days since someone started a four-page thread about getting low-holed -- AGAIN -- and we all chime in about how much we hate that and wonder what the world's coming to. Not to mention that we've probably gone a week without discussing wading boots. Does none of this stuff matter to you guys any more????

With so much fishing stuff that ain't getting talked about any more how can anyone talk about anything but fishing.
iagree

·
Registered
5,567 Posts
There are fewer sluggers available with drug testing in place. There are few, if any real sluggers available by free agent signing or by trade at this time This could change during the season. Jack Z. undertands this. Hence, he got an excellent offensive player in Figgins at a great price. The added advantage is that he's an excellent defensive player. In fact, the infield defense will be above league average and the outfield defense is exceptional. The Bradley trade was clearly a chicken salad out of chicken shit situation. The Lee deal has little downside since even if he leaves as a free agent the M.'s get a 1st round pick. In short Jack Z. is a superstar right nw. He clearly understands advanced defensive metrics and the importance of run supression in the post steroid timeperiod. Additionall, he has taylored his team to his park (fast OF and left hand pitching).

I think that this is a 90 win team as currently constructed. In the AL west that may be enough. Certainly, they will play a crisp brand of baseball. The games should be enjoyable after I get done listening to my Sox on the radio every day.

The Boston Globe reported that talks with Felix are progressing and that both sides believe a long term deal will be done. This would be great new for the M.'s.

Go Sox,
cds

·
Registered
766 Posts
CDS - your coming around dude. I really think this team will be fun to watch and have a few tricks (prospects) up their sleeve come the trade deadline - if they are in the hunt. I like the direction from all sides

Now the Hawks - WTF Calli Pete, I would rather have Mora

·
Registered
5,567 Posts
Cris,

I like the M.'s. Hell I watch them nearly every day. I hope that they do well. I don't know if they have many prospects, but what they do have is cash. Although M.'s fans like to bitch about the wealthy east coast clubs the M.'s have a great TV deal, a new publicly funded park and an excellent fan base. They will be one of the few teams who are likely to see their revenue expand. They may be able to pick up a bat for next to nothing from a lesser team after the start of the season without giving up much for kids, just pick up the salary.

They aren't as good a team as my beloved Red Sox though.

Go Sox,
cds

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Chone Figgins will mean 2 or 3 extra wins for the Mariners this year mearly by the fact that he ain't playing for the Angels any more. The guy killed us. Quite a coup getting him to play up here.

I was kinda looking forward to seeing Phillippe Aumount as a Mariner. We took him as with the 11th pick a couple of years ago. Didn't hear about him much after that. But Lee is a proven winner, so I hope that works out. Jack Z isn't afraid to move quality for quality. I like that.

Not so sure about the Brandon Morrow deal. Jack's giving up on another first round pick (5th overall.) Morrows's got unbelievable stuff. You watch him pitch and wonder how the heck he doesn't get out every guy he faces. Some day he's going to figure it all out and be a star. But how long can you afford to wait? Besides, he was another one of those head cases from the '08 team. Jack's purging all of them. Part of the plan.

·
Hello My name is Thad and Im addicted to flyfishin
406 Posts
It's it nice just to dream and think that the Griff could have and amazing close out season.Imagine him going off like his rookie year that would be awesome.But back to reality if we could fill that 3 and 4 slot we'll be very dangerous.Keeping my fingers crossed just like every year.Im a mariner believer through and through. What does that have to do with fishing well.....My lucky fishing hat is my mariner hat.ANd when I think of summer I think of rising fish, crystal clear water, and hot dogs and a beer at Safeco.ohhh shit thats a nice thought.

·
Proud to Be Alaskan
3,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yup nothing quite like summer, my routine was
this

then the sox on the XM
then a bit of dry fly fishing

then this and a futon in the sun listening to the best radio broadcasters in baseball

Some where in there I did a little work too :p

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.