Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ended up buying a 6-weight 9'-3 piece Marryatt Evolution and love the way it feels in my hand and casts. I almost bought a VPS (sage) but this place had marryat at 50 percent off and thomas and thomas at 25 -30% off. I paid 187.50 for what I consider a pretty sweet rod (regular 375.00).....I guess Marryat is pulling out of the U.S. and will be sold in Europe exclusively. Thomas and Thomas are on sale because the shop is trying to carry more Orvis products and this is part of the deal. Now I am gonna save up and slap a Ross Evolution Reel on this sucker and hit the summer runs with it. Just curious has anyone had or use a Marryat product.:beer1 :beer1 :beer1 (A three beer bargain)

G

·
I had the pleasure of casting some of the prototypes for Maryatt. Their mission was to create a moderate price-point high-end rod... something like slightly less-stiff than an RPL with Winstonesque finish. Too bad they're pulling out of the US (I understand this has been in the works for a few years now). I thought there was a niche for these tools for sure... chalk it up to unsuccesful marketing, I guess. Look forward to a full report on this rod's summer steelie worthiness!
:beer2

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.