Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

marysville

867 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  dolly varden 
#1 ·
i was wondering if there are any good places to fish around marysville.... :DUNNO

any help would be great....

#2 ·
I might be old---but I'm good.

Well I live here but don't fish close to home. I fish the S/fork of the Stilly above Gold basin campground, S/Fork of the Sauk below Barlow pass. When the water is lower I also fish the N/fork of the Sauk. Pilchuck creek the lower reaches. Used to catch lots of searuns out of there. When the Searuns are coming I like to fish the main Stilly around Silvana. Usually about the time that they harvest the corn is a good time to fish for them. Don't touch any local lakes. Just don't care to fish them,but there are quite a few of them.

I hope this helps. Jim :THUMBSUP

#4 ·
I might be old---but I'm good.

Lots of small trout/smolts I know. It gets better toward the end of August. Caught Cutts,dollies. I have even seen steelhead up as far as twin bridges. Thats beyond the locked gate at Barlow pass. Used to be good fishing up there before they put that gate up. Haven't been up there since.

I use Elk hair caddis,Stimulator's,Royal Humpies.

Was up there Friday but left when the gear chuckers showed up. They were fishing for Dollies with buzz bombs with treble hooks. I guess that's what you call a real sportsman. Bah Hum bug. :REALLYMAD

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.