Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for not being around. I guess my wife wasn't all that supportive of my fishing after all so I filed a petition for dissolution, amongst other things. Should be final by the end of Aug, unless a frickin' miracle happens. Anyway, moved closer to the Skagit, Sauk and NF Stilli. Hung out with the Oldman last Tuesday in the sun. It was great being on the water again even though Jim didn't beach himself. Thought I'd forgot how to Spey cast, but I was wrong. It was all about the fishing, although Jim was kind enough to let me bitch. Just got the dial up working and I'm waiting for DSL. My mission in life now is to spend as much time as I can with my kids and fish my ass off. So I'll see you guys on the water. Don't be sorry, lets just go fishing.

Matt

"Everyday that you wake up and decide not to go fishing...is one less day you'll go fishing." Forrest Maxwell

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
So glad you are back, Matt, I thought maybe you had-
1. Died.
2. Drowned on the Stilly.
3. Ran off with some blond to Arizona to fish for bullheads.
4. Ran off to fish for bullheads.
5. Been arrested for sneaking into a hatchery for night fishing.
6. Chased out of town by some gear thugs.
7. Chased out of town.
8. Arrested for loitering near a kid's and handicapped 's only trout pond.
9. Caught fishing with worms and had been hospitalized.
10. Stepped on a bass plug and were having your treble hooks removed.
10. Moved to a more quiet life down in an alley near Pioneer Square.

Very serious advice. Don't do anything major for at least a year until your miind calms down: don't quit your job, don't remarry, don't have more kids, don't go live on a houseboat in an estuary near the mouth of the Columbia (I almost did all of the above). Do check with me to see if it's OK.

I have appointed you to be on a committee to ratify a possible appointment of pwoens to join a fly swap. See the post on midges fly swap.

Bab:beer2

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Happy to see you back, and condolences on the relationship thing. I count myself as one of the lucky ones. Buying my woman waders and taking her to the Yakima seems to have earned me a fishing partner. She really digs where the desert meets the water. She still needs to work on that cast a bit, though... :rolleyes

·
I’m a whale
4,667 Posts
schmokin'reel!!!

YOUR HOME! sally go start the fire and get some water boilin' will ya! welcome back hombre, glad to hear you got some medicine on the water w/ the Oldman. take care and maybe we'll cross paths.:smokin - bhudda

·
Registered
385 Posts
Now that we are in the same boat with the whole marrage thing, Oldman, in his infinate wisdom, thinks that he should own some of the responsibility for the radical happenings we are faced with. I think that if my picker was not broke, I would'nt be in this mess. Just remember, we do recover (sound familliar?).
Mtlhead
:thumb

·
Just an Old Man
35,207 Posts
I forgot what I was supposed to remember.

Well I feel that I'm jinxed in some way. I meet you two and the next thing I know that you are both in the dog house and then your getting a divorce's. And mtlhead please learn to spell. What's a picker:dunno .

Just like today when I went fishing with Chad. I asked him if he was happily married. Boy I sure hope he stays that way or else my jinx will be true.

Jim

·
Piscatorial predilection
2,439 Posts
Matt, really missed you man! I don't meddle in other folks business if at all possable, but sad to hear about the situation. I had thought about all those things that Babbo mentioned, as the cause of your disapperance:eek

Glad your back among the flyfishing!

Look forward to another trip to the river with ya!

LB:thumb

·
AKA: Gregory Mine
998 Posts
I know what your going through. Just got through all the stuff your dealing with now. I hope it goes much better than mine. Glad you have something to keep your mind off all that, it can drag you through the mud and make you sick to death if you let it. Keep your chin up, there is blue sky and great water just around the corner. Kids are number one, like you said. Keep the faith, I'll fish with you anytime... Greg

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You guys really frickin' rock. Will be fishing Thursday with the Oldman. See ya out on the water.

Matt

"Everyday that you wake up and decide not to go fishing...is one less day you'll go fishing." Forrest Maxwell

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
He didnt say he liked you, he said he was going fishing with you.....theres a big difference :p }(

Matt....my deepest sympathy goes out to you!! If you ever make it over this way drop me a line....just dont bring old man ;)

~Patrick ><>

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey,

Jim may be a pain in the ass, but at least he is my only pain in the ass now. If there ever was a fishin' buddy's buddy, it would be my dear friend Jim who helps me get the hell out of my head and out fishing. Of course when I meet that fly fisher woman I'm searching for now, I told him he would be assed out.

Matt

·
Just an Old Man
35,207 Posts
I forgot what I was supposed to remember.

What the hell is this. Pick on Jim day. I go out of my way to be a nice guy,but oh no,they won't let me be one. Well from now on. NO MORE MISTER NICE GUY. I was going to give you a report on the condition of the Sauk but not now I'll just let you drive up there and find out for yourself. See how you like to drive 60 miles to find a blown out river. So how's that for being a nice guy. :p :p :p :p :p }( :+

And PW. Yes I know what it stands for. Anybody with half a brain should be able to figure it out. Besides I don't like to travel that far to fish. If I was to travel that far I just might as well just go to Montana where the fishing is really good and stop off in Idaho where it is good also. So there:p :p :p :p :p :+

Jim(Who once was a nice guy):professor

·
Registered
273 Posts
Mattzoid,

Haven't met you yet but welcome back. Bob's got good advice. Your mind has you thinking of doing some really weird things after a divorce. Before you do.....stop and talk about it with someone you really trust. And above all else listen to that person's advice. After all, that's why you really trust them. It was the best thing I ever did after my own divorce. (Sorry eds, I know this isn't really fishing related)

Drop me an e-mail if you want to talk about this in a more appropriate forum. Good luck.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.