Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just came back from Winthrop. As some of you know, I live in Colorado, but visit WA periodically. I'm on one of those visits now. I fished the Methow below the Chewach conflux with my brother-in-law this morning. We were prospecting for dollys without success. Found a pod of fish on the main river. Some were rising to the surface or porposing. They had green backs and were spotted like a rainbow with red on their sides. They were awesome to watch. Were these steelhead or salmon? Thought they might be salmon since we were close to the hatchery. Is there a sumer run of steelhead on the Methow?

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I hope that wasn't the case. Got advice from the fly shop and consulted the Sport Fishing Rules.

·
Bigfoot is blurry
1,913 Posts
If there's a special opening or something like that then ignore me. From the bottom of the Seasons column on page 56 of the regs: "ALL FRESHWATER AREAS are CLOSED to fishing for SALMON, DOLLY VARDEN/BULL TROUT and GRASS CARP uless listed as open."
Dollies are not included under the Game Fish classification.

G

·
Did you try egg paterns behind the steelies, thats where the bows should be
Tight Lines From Alaska

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.