Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
10,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This hatch does not get the attention that the salmonflies or golden stones receive. They come later in the season, usually hatch late in the evening, and then just crawl around the banks. This afternoon we got out and found shucks all over. So we pretty much fished dries all afternoon and fish were looking up. A golden chubby size 8 fished in the heavier water was the ticket.

Summer time.

Shucks on the cobble

Plenty of water still in the side channels and they are full of fish

I knew there had to be a fish holding tight on that bank but the drift was a little tricky.

After a couple casts, I figured it out and winner winner.

This was my fish of the day. He was actually out in the main channel but sittin' just on the inside edge of a big riffle (this is a common lie for big trout.)

Pretty good day.

·
Banned
10,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Try a black n white trucker hat with that shirt.....Besides that, we'll done and nice fish
#blackhatsmatter

I'll be back in about 40days. Hoping to get some action on dries since I missed the salmon flies by about a week!
Great fish!
There should still be some hopper fishing. Are you bringing that boat?

·
Registered
8,817 Posts
This hatch does not get the attention that the salmonflies or golden stones receive. They come later in the season, usually hatch late in the evening, and then just crawl around the banks. This afternoon we got out and found shucks all over. So we pretty much fished dries all afternoon and fish were looking up. A golden chubby size 8 fished in the heavier water was the ticket.

Summer time.

Shucks on the cobble

Plenty of water still in the side channels and they are full of fish

I knew there had to be a fish holding tight on that bank but the drift was a little tricky.

After a couple casts, I figured it out and winner winner.

This was my fish of the day. He was actually out in the main channel but sittin' just on the inside edge of a big riffle (this is a common lie for big trout.)

Pretty good day.
Sounds fun

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.