Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am interested in finding out if anyone has any info regarding the Mill Town dam removal.

- How are the fish responding?
- Is it mostly positive?
- Any surprises they did not expect?

·
Flyslinger
1,937 Posts
These are a few things I have heard and or experienced.
Because of the amount of silt washed down after the dam was removed a lot of bug habitat was covered. The last two years there has not been the insect the activity that there has been in the past.
The very high water of the last two years has helped wash out the silt a lot but some feel that a couple more years of high water would have helped.
The silt may have affected fish production also.
I read before the removal that some bioligists thought that it would adversly affect fishing for five years and then it would begin to improve dramatically.
I would like to hear ZEN chime in here and get his opinion.
Blessings
jesse

·
Supporting wild steelhead, gravel to gravel.
3,074 Posts
I haven't noticed much of a decline in bugs. The great side channels in the Kelley Island area where the root and c fork meet were badly silted in, and in that area I haven't had much success lately. The Clark fork below town had been fishing great since the dam came out, been seeing some healthy fish like this fall rainbow all season:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.