Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the years I have learned one important idea from flyfishing. Before a trip you prepare and prepare, then once you get out on the water, time flies by, then like a second, you are driving home. When you get home, you critique yourself on where you fished and how you fished. Then for the next week you are wishing that you are fly fishing. I just wish that there was a way to slow down time when you are on the water.
I am sure that you have thought of what I am saying before, if only for a brief second. Don't mind my ramblings, for I haven't fished in 4 days and am getting ancy.

~Ryan:D :9 :p :7

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
Nice post and you pose an interesting question.
I like to think of a trip as not just the time on the water but also the preparation (fly tying, polishing my gear, etc.) the drive, and usually I like to say hello to all my old friends( my old friends are the rivers I pass by, some mountains, maybe, small towns, odd places, etc), and then there is the memory of it all and it rests in my day dreams for months. All in all, my time on the water is only a part of a much larger picture and that picture takes a long time to see. For your sake, work on this.
Boblawless:thumb

·
Driven by irrational exuberance.
1,584 Posts
I know! All this time preparing for it, reading about it, studying the pictures in the magazines,
daydreaming about it when you should be working, working on the equipment, positioning for it, and
precious little time actually doing it! Just like sex!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.