Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
The Whisky Guy
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to be camping with my wife for our anniversary at Alder Lake Park. Dragging our drift boat with us. Since Mineral Lake is close by, figured I'd give it a whirl. I hear there's some monstrous triploids, as well as some nice browns. Can anyone offer up any advice?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Make my day
4,820 Posts
Grats on another year of her putting up with you.;)

Good morning/evening type lake. F&G plants a lot of fry in there that ends up as food for the big fish. Bait patterns trolled/stripped around the shoreline on a sinking line.

Watch out for the otters. They like to steal fish.

·
The Whisky Guy
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Grats on another year of her putting up with you.;)

Good morning/evening type lake. F&G plants a lot of fry in there that ends up as food for the big fish. Bait patterns trolled/stripped around the shoreline on a sinking line.

Watch out for the otters. They like to steal fish.
That's my kind of lake fishing...but you already knew that.

·
The Whisky Guy
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fished the lake all day on Tuesday. Slow trolled brown and olive bead head Wooly Buggers on sinking lines around the shoreline. Kept hooking tiny largemouth bass on the olive Bugger. Managed to hook quite a few rainbows in the 10"-12" range and lost a really nice brown right at the boat. Also hooked into something that nearly spooled my reel. Wasn't able to get it close enough to see it before it came unbuttoned, but whatever it was, it was huge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.