Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
What we got here is... failure to communicate.
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pass Lake Browns...

Was filing through my computer looking for something and came across a file folder full of pictures of browns I've caught at Pass Lake. This is one... The notes that accompany the photo don't mention size. I know I taped him, but can't remember. My guess would be 18"-20"....Just thought I would share and get this first post out of the way.

B.A.B.

Added a few more browns from Pass. Figured you didn't need to see my or my brothers ugly mug.

The biggest was taped at 26"

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the welcome. I haven't fished Pass in a couple years. Are the browns still holding there own in the lake?

·
Flaccid Member
3,899 Posts
in my opinion the last great year on big browns was '06. that was an epic october! with 07 and 08 being a little iffy as far as numbers of 21+" browns. but if last year was any indication, things may be lookin up. we caught some really healthy, quality fish. all lakes are cyclical, and its only a matter of time before the big fish are seen again. btw those are some sweet fish. the second one (gotta be the 26") is a bad mutha! bet that got interesting!

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You got it Sean... That is the one... Put up a great fight. In those days my brother and I would use a 10ft, 6wt, with 10lb test leader. One guy would man the oars and stay a consistant 90ft from shore while the other did his best to double haul and shoot all of his line out...waite a second...and strip for your life. We had a blast. (in defense of the big gear...we have seen guys fight those browns with light line for a 1/2 hour, only to land a dead fish... that always bugged me).
Typical of all fish stories, I do believe we hooked and fought bigger fish in that lake, but could not land them. I would not be suprised to see a 30" brown come out of that lake.
I hope I can get back to Pass some day.
BAB

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.