Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

· Registered
8,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Montana really needs to be more careful about the rif raf they allow to immigrate to their state. Some of the total low lifes they allow in there really have no place in such a wonderful location. Recently I heard about this guy from Washington, now I know for a fact that this guy is a real piece of work!!! , but he got a job there and the Bozeman area is welcoming him with open arms.. I mean REALLY Montana get your act together!

I have it on good authority that this guy plans to fish and hunt as much as he can, totally stinking up the place. Even if he teaches a few people to cast a spey rod and gets involved in local conservation issues does that really make up for the real estate he occupies??

Now this guys wife on the other hand is a real class act and out fishes him regularly.

anyway he starts his new job the first week of May.. Washington will be better off but Montana has got another thing coming.

I will miss the little bit of steelheading that i still do but that's what vacations are for.

· Just an Old Man
35,200 Posts
Montana really needs to be more careful about the rif raf they allow to immigrate to their state. Some of the total low lifes they allow in there really have no place in such a wonderful location. Recently I heard about this guy from Washington, now I know for a fact that this guy is a real piece of work!!! , but he got a job there and the Bozeman area is welcoming him with open arms.. I mean REALLY Montana get your act together!

I have it on good authority that this guy plans to fish and hunt as much as he can, totally stinking up the place. Even if he teaches a few people to cast a spey rod and gets involved in local conservation issues does that really make up for the real estate he occupies??

Now this guys wife on the other hand is a real class act and out fishes him regularly.

anyway he starts his new job the first week of May.. Washington will be better off but Montana has got another thing coming.

I will miss the little bit of steelheading that i still do but that's what vacations are for.
Be prepared for the cost of your first fishing license. You will pay through the nose for it. But your next years won't cost as much.. No passes to buy to camp. No access pass to fish. If you have a camp trailer. A one time license, and then it's permanent. 14 to 16 days you are allowed to camp for free.

Oh and welcome to Montana. Where the fishing is open all year around. On the rivers in the Central area.

· Registered
366 Posts

Welcome. You will most likely like it here.

Steelhead.
The Salmon is three hours away. The Clearwater is six. The Ronde and Snake are eight.

· Indi Ira
9,388 Posts

Oh, thank God my reference panned out! I've been looking to get rid of you for years and the prayers have finally been answered. Good riddance. Of course now that you will be in Montana you won't have any reason to post here anymore because guys in Montana would never stoop so low.

Good luck Rob!

· Registered
1,608 Posts
The fashion thing tends to stay East of the divide. West, up in the mountains, our socks are more on practicality and less on bling. Now Bozeman is right in the heart of the angling fashion country so you best plan on a buff budget.

Welcome to Montana Rob.

· Registered
5,161 Posts
Ah, well......Boozeman's a college town; They'll pretty much welcome anything, as long as it's "different"!:D
Bozeman is really a third tier college town. There's not a whole lotta different around here, unless you mean the new Chipotle to augment the Qdoba down the street.

Last night on our drive back from dinner, my girlfriend and I discussed how we never point out freaks driving through downtown. We usually point at tourists on Main St. and guess which part of the country they are from.

· Registered
8,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
all my socks are Costco knockoffs of smart wool. My wife used to drive semi's so backing a horse trailer is childs play for her.

I am sorry but Seattle is the epicenter for fashion in Angling. That is to say Ex-Officio blows Simms out of the water... Now if you want to talk hunting Apparel then Bozeman has it hands down with Sitka Gear.. On the other hand I am pretty anti fashion. I use stuff because it's good not because of how it looks..
Ethics...

When you are a pedestrian walking in the street or a parking lot, it's ok to be in a cars way but don't walk as slow as you can .. make an effort to get out of the way.
when you are a driver, be patient of pedestrians
bicyclers don't go ride your bikes for pleasure on busy two lane highways with no shoulder.
real fly fishermen don't use bobbers!!!
real hunters get as close to their animals as they can to kill the animal quickly not get as far out as they can to boost their ego, that's what paper targets are for..

I think I got the ethics thing nailed :p

what i really need to work on is my desire to edit what I write.

G

·
My wife used to drive semi's so backing a horse trailer is childs play for her.
Well, she's half way there then. Just got to unload the stock and tie them up on the side of the trailer. Tell her to google "wrangler knot".

Oh, and she'll have to master this task.

Sky Plant Human body People in nature Wood

Seriously, the best part of living in Montana is the people and you never have to wash your car or truck ever again. If you live even a little out of town learn to wave at any vehicle you see on your road.

G

·
Bozeman is really a third tier college town. There's not a whole lotta different around here, unless you mean the new Chipotle to augment the Qdoba down the street.

Last night on our drive back from dinner, my girlfriend and I discussed how we never point out freaks driving through downtown. We usually point at tourists on Main St. and guess which part of the country they are from.
Different? I'll have you know that I had a 6-7" tall mohawk my senior year of HS and pink hair when I entered MSU in 1995. I guess I didn't do enough to influence the scene.

In other news...my hometown now has a Chipotle and a Qdoba? I thought it went downhill when they got the Outback. I'll still be sticking to Frank's, Cafe Zydeco, La Parilla, Kountry Korner and The Western.

· Registered
8,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well, she's half way there then. Just got to unload the stock and tie them up on the side of the trailer. Tell her to google "wrangler knot".

Oh, and she'll have to master this task.

View attachment 115837

Seriously, the best part of living in Montana is the people and you never have to wash your car or truck ever again. If you live even a little out of town learn to wave at any vehicle you see on your road.
Real estate prices are too high in Bozeman proper , we are looking at a house in Three Forks.. it appears that Montanans are wimps when it comes to commuting, and that's as it should be. however my 11 mile commute tales 30 minutes every day so why not a 30 mile 30 minute commute???

G

·
If you live even a little out of town learn to wave at any vehicle you see on your road.
Don't wave at the BMW's, Mercedes, Volvos...they aren't natives.

Also, don't live on the south and east sides of Bozeman--they get more snow, more traffic and more wind.

G

·
Real estate prices are too high in Bozeman proper , we are looking at a house in Three Forks.. it appears that Montanans are wimps when it comes to commuting, and that's as it should be. however my 11 mile commute tales 30 minutes every day so why not a 30 mile 30 minute commute???
Three Forks is great and wouldn't be bad. You will have days where you hate the drive, tho. Manhattan is great, also...they have a potato festival!

1 - 20 of 74 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.