Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this same request on the fly fishing forum. But thought maybe I'd try the Cast and Blast forum too. I'm heading to Montana a few days before the pheasant opener to fish. I tentatively thought I would hit Rock Creek, but would appreciate any input or suggestions on other rivers to fish. I'm going to head to Missoula on I90 and then head east to 15 and ultimately end up near Shelby where I'm going to hunt. I'll be wading - can't afford to float with a guide.

Thanks,
Steve

·
Blind hog fisherman
2,895 Posts
Steve, I bird hunt in Montana and plan to do some fly fishing this year, too. If I were going to try and fish in the area you indicated here's where I would start:
http://www.hookandbullet.com/c/fishing-shelby-mt-streams/

Best of luck on your cast and blast. I understand the bird hatch was very late due to a wet spring and the density of birds varies greatly.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I'll explore this site for ideas. Yeah, I've also heard the bird numbers will be down due to the wet spring, but like fishing the enjoyment is the hunt with good friends and a good dog.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.