Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
6,847 Posts
Those people are as dumb as they come. Thinking a bison is cold, in May.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I go into the Park regularly over the course of the summer, and practically every time I run into some of these types of people.

A couple years ago, I ran into 2 teenage boys who were wading and fishing in the Yellowstone River in Hayden Valley which was clearly posted with a number of "no fishing and no wading" signs, while their parents sat on the bank right beneath one of these signs, watching them, and eating a picnic lunch.

When I explained to the parents that the area was closed to both fishing and wading the mother exclaimed "Well, we saw the signs but we didn't know what they meant!"

·
The wanted posters say Tim Hartman
2,100 Posts
Yeah, I recall seeing a story about a woman whose car had sustained considerable damage after striking a deer.

She was incensed because she claimed the deer had crossed the road where there were no "Deer Crossing" signs!!

Sheesh!

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Yeah, I recall seeing a story about a woman whose car had sustained considerable damage after striking a deer.

She was incensed because she claimed the deer had crossed the road where there were no "Deer Crossing" signs!!

Sheesh!
How about the lady that called in to the radio station to complain about Deer Crossing signs being placed in high traffic areas. She thought they should be directing the deer to cross in lower traffic areas.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Sadly it's nothing new. My father-in-law worked in Yellowstone back in the 50's and he tells stories of idiot tourist trying to lure grizzly bears into the front seat of their cars to take pictures.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I know it sounds predictable for a local to say this, but I don't go to Yellowstone if I can avoid it. Only three exceptions: Early season, before school lets out...fall, after school has started, and to fish Yellowstone Lake...from a boat.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.