Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Patrick
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hiked up and fished Lake Annette for awhile on Sunday.
The snow is mostly gone from around the lake now. There are still a few patches under some of the tree areas. The fishing was good. All strikes and fish to hand were with dry flies left to blow in the wind. Caught and released 4 and had 3 LDR's and had a Royal Wuff hit with-out hook ups so many times it was quite funny.After about a dozen hits I removed the fly and and casted to the same area and got a fish right away. The fish caught were [email protected]" [email protected]" and [email protected]" all in all a good day on the water. One of the rainbows caught had a very bright red strip down it side that made that fish really pretty even though it was the thinest of the bunch. The rest were well feed with nice little bellies showing they were well feed.
After standing and sitting in the lake all day. It was also good to know that my 5MM Cabelas waders still do not leak and in the mountain cold water kept me warm all day long. Not bad for a pair that I now have had for 3 years even though I do not use them very often and in fact had not for about 6 months now.
The only bad news from the trip was I forgot my fishing hat and now my bald spot and forehead is nice and red.

·
Patrick
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No while I have been to many lakes over the years. I have yet to make it up to that one yet. Seems like any more I only get up to the high lakes a few times per year. Most of the time now I head to old haunts. While I should try to get up there more I also like to take time to fish creeks,rivers, low land lakes and the Sound. So many places to fish so little time you know and I fish around 60 days plus per year. Though most of that is local King County lakes since they are easy to hit after work. Still I hope to make a few more trips up to the high lakes before winter starts to move in again. There are a few that I want to make it up to this year and some how I will find the time to. Still want to find one of the high lakes with Golden trout so I plan to do alittle exploring for those. Also I want to hike in to Pratt again. I first hiked to it when I was around 18 and went with a few freinds for an over night. So far I am the only one of the 3 of us that been back and that was for a day trip. I would like to see if I can find the old hut that used to be there. I did not see it on my day trip and need more time to look for it. I would love to hear from you what lake Dorthy is like, I might have to add it to my list.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.