Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife is getting stationed in Germany and we are moving there for three years. Im super stoked to experience a new world of fly fishing. Im wondering if anyone has some places they recommend or some tips and pointers. The base has a rod and gun club that can help with getting a license so I am more wondering of places in or around Germany that are worth checking out for trout. I def have a few trips planned to Sweden and Norway for Atlantic salmon and wouldn’t mind some recommendations for those as well. Really anything to get me started in the right direction.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Cool, can’t say I know that part of Germany very well. I’m down in Garmisch and we have terrific water. I did a weekend trip up by Grafenwöhr last year, on the Pegnitz. Top notch fishing in the area. Lots of good fishing down in Italy too...
I would suggest bringing a pike set up over, lots of pike fishing over here.
Keep in touch and we can get out fishing.

·
CCA, Hatchery Wild Coexist
1,540 Posts
not great but Baumholder is north and east of Frankfurt. Maybe close enough to go up to the Danish coast for a 3 day weekend ? My best buddy was stationed there and i was in the Wurzburg area at the time. Took all day by train to get there back then. Yes on Garmisch and those nice streams.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
I spent 2 1/2 years in Army Intelligence near Frankfurt. Saved my vacation time for two weeks of salmon fishing in Scotland (plus some peak-bagging and skiing in Switzerland).

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Anywhere in Denmark would you recommend? I definitely want to do some salmon and sea run fishing.

not great but Baumholder is north and east of Frankfurt. Maybe close enough to go up to the Danish coast for a 3 day weekend ? My best buddy was stationed there and i was in the Wurzburg area at the time. Took all day by train to get there back then. Yes on Garmisch and those nice streams.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts