Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy,

I'm moving to Port Hadlock to attend the wood boat school. What are the nearest trout, salmon, and steelhead rivers for wading and drifting? I consider one-hundred-and-fifty miles of good roads from Port Hadlock to be a reasonable weekend drive.

Thanks for good information in advance.

·
Long Lost Member
20,209 Posts
Based on your current location I think you'll appreciate Port Hadlock. You'll be on the Olympic Peninsula where many come from much further than 150 miles to fish the rivers that can be found there. Safe travels from Bagdad to Port Hadlock. There are some fun places to fish out there and some really great guides in that area that have great reputations. Welcome to the board. Poke around a bit and type in some search terms in the search function box. You'll find a lot of what you need.

·
Smells like low tide.
7,951 Posts
You've got nearly the entire OP at your disposal. I'm out here on the South side of Grays Harbor, and I'm about 150 miles from Sequim, via hwy 101 up along Hood Canal and around the NE corner of the OP.
I think 150 will get you from Port Hadlock to past Forks nearly all the way to the Quinault River, going counter-clockwise. The Humptulips may be just a little bit out of your range, though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.