Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
4,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seriously, I can't read through any main forum thread withour having to read some bitch ass post between Ed and Jim. It is totally out of control, embarrassing, and annoying as Fu%*. It has gotten to the point where I don't even want to read most threads because I know half the posts are going to be some aimless diolouge between the two or one individual. I'm not writing this to be a jerk. It has just really ruined whetever enjoyment I use to get out of the forum. If I could just once open a thread where Ed wasn't the second post, that would be a good start. Love ya Ed. :rofl:

·
Registered
4,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh, almost forgot to purpose my solution:

They could have their own dedicated forum where they could respond to other threads. The topic would be the thread they're responding to and it would evolve, most likely, really evolve from there. That way the rest of us could pick and choose when we wanted to get their opinions and get entertainment from their dramatic relationship. The beauty of this is they would be locked out from responding outside of their forum. It’s perfect; they have their own flyfishing forum, they can post without barriers, and they won't receive any negative criticism for their incredible participation.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Not that I am a fan of what others do but in some forums, they have moderators who are assigned to each forum and they look for posts that are not relevent to the original thread. Just a thought.

·
North Bend, WA
4,400 Posts
Pan, leave the moderating to us.

And instead of complaining about it....

Click on the users name next to their post to drop down their profile info > View Profile > Add to Ignore List

You will no longer see their posts.

Chris

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
I wish there was a Karma function on the forum where if you really appreciated someone's post, you could thumbs up it. Once someone was +1'd to a certain level they'd get a fancy gold star or something.

People that are constantly posting NFR stuff, or just chiming in on every single thread (like i'm doing now) would get a thumbs down and eventually get the idea.

·
Long Lost Member
20,209 Posts
Hey Pan. I've seen threads where you come across as an asshole. Leave us alone, We will work it out on our own.
I agree with Old Man 100%.

I was just stating that I have a long standing member, fears of being locked out and quite honestly I'm embarassing....... no big deal though......
Funny how your words get interpreted on the Internet, very funny. Is post #17 okay?

·
Registered
4,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Get a life, Ed. Seriously.

I point out the elephant in the room, and become the bad guy. I'm just stating what I know a lot of other members and lurkers feel, but don't state. I'll retreat. Go back to your OCD posting issues.

·
Long Lost Member
20,209 Posts
Stop bitching and stop taking everything so seriously Adam. Take a deep breath and go fish. You have your share of back and forth with others and it is often less civil than Old Man Jim and I giving each other a hard time. How many times to you take your my way or the highway opinion and shove and shove and shove it? Have a psychedelic groovy day.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.