Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance. 

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a reminder that Munn Lake (Thurston Co.) opens Monday, March 1st. This lake, along with Capital Lake, will become the only selective gear catch and release lake in the County. Munn was stocked with 500 1lb rbt, 500 7-8" rbt, 150 3-5lb rbt, and 20 8-12lb (that rigth 8-12 lb each) rbt, last week. Good fishing......

·
Free Man
1,872 Posts
There is virtually no beach access, maybe twenty yards including the boat ramp. You could bobber a chironomid, or San Juan worm from there, bait fishers used to sit there in lawn chairs and plunk power bait, marshmallows, etc. Munn is best fished from a small boat or tube, pontoon, etc. No gas motors allowed, as per selective gear rules. If you do bring a trailer, it can help to park it up the hill on the street. Volunteers from several local clubs, notably South Sound Fly Fishers are helping to get the program going. Feel free to pm me for information, I live nearly a mile from there, so am coordinating ramp stewards, keeping signs posted and eventually we'll be doing some fund raising to keep the lake stocked with quality trout. This can be as good as we make it.

·
Sculpin Enterprises
3,461 Posts
Jason, you don't look so good. I'm a doctor, albeit a fish doctor, and I am concerned about your health. I'm prescribing fresh air and cool waters for you. Take as frequently as required. Just remember, abuse of this prescription may lead to unemployment and alienation from your family. If you find that the boss has locked you out of the office or that the family dog bites your *&(^()& on one of your rare trips home to pick up clean underwear, you may want to discontinue use, at least for a day or so. I'm the kind of doctor who does house-calls under these circumstances; I'll see you at the lake.

Steve

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.