Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, was thinkin of hitting the NF Stilly with my wife this weekend, would it be worth it? Any sign of Steel,Cutts,etc? Shes never been there so shes gonna fish a little and take alot of shots with her new N80 Nikon shes been dying to use. I thought the Stilly would be the best looking for taking pics.
Thanks! Peter ><>

"Follow Me and I will make you fishers of Men"
Matthew 4:19

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
The Stilly can run pretty muddy in the winter, but maybe Ok after the dry spell this week. I haven't seen it since last weekend. maybe consider driving another 1/2 hour to the Sauk- great photo ops on that river!

·
Just an Old Man
35,207 Posts
The thrill is not in the kill---But to let them go.

I think it would be good as the flows are good. By the flow chart the river is now dropping into shape. It should be clear above Deer Creek. But as for any fish I don't know as I haven't heard of any reports on how the fishing has or has been the last week.

Jim

·
Registered
105 Posts
I would agree. The Sauk has great scenery and picture opportunities, plus with the poor steelhead returns so far, you still have a shot at catching something (dollies). The Stilly doesn't have that great of scenery with the exception of mabey the hazel & whitehorse areas, plus the steelhead returns so far have been very poor. If you want to make the drive you could also mabey wait a month for the nates to show up, then you would have a better shot at catching something.

·
I’m a whale
4,667 Posts
schmokin'reel!!!

definitely second the sauk suggestion, if your coming this far anyway might as well go there. the n.f. stlly has kinda been a waste of time lately. im a wader so a boat person might fair better , but, you could even start on the skagit if you put another half hour in? sounds like a great day. i hope when i catch a wife she goes fishin too, gotta be the coolest quality time. take care. :smokin - bhudda

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.