Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just reading the WDFW Weekender Report and read that the Naches between the Tieton and Rattlesnake Creek is C&R for trout now. I had no idea. Just thought I would pass it on. I don't know if it will make a difference, as I'm sure the signs will be few and far between and poachers will likely go unnoticed. However, this section is getting more activity every year. If you ask me, the C&R section should extend up to and maybe even include the Little Naches, Bumping, or American, as that is the section that gets the catch and fry it up for dinner pressure from the campers and cabin owners along the river. That might be a tough sell, though.

· Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is certainly frustrating, especially when any violation is well out of cell-phone range and will likely go unreported. In the upper area, the closest communication line is the pay phone at Whislin' Jacks. I still frequently see bait and/or barbed treble-hooked spinners used in the upper regions, particularly in the Little Naches area or around campgrounds and cabins, so the people are already way behind in their observance of the rules. My experience in the area tells me that alot of the occassional campers have been camping up there for years, or even generations like myself, even though they only go a few times a year. They don't bother with the rules, particularly if only the kids are fishing and no lisence is required. Some probably think the area is still stocked on a regular basis, so they treat it like a put-and-take system. I think non-confrontational education is the key, as you suggested.

I think it is great that the 10 mile area between Nile and the Tieton is C&R now, but I don't think that area will benefit as much as the area above would.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.