Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have always liked what I have seen from Nautilus, however, I have not been able to get my hands on one. I really like the NV and I see that they have redesigned the FW series for 2011. The custom shop and its new options look very nice and I think the price point is pretty decent. What is your experience with these reels? Thanks in advance.

·
180 Posts
I've been fishing for approximately a year with a Nautilus FW - Five paired with an Orvis Helios Tip-Flex 6 Wt. strung with Airflo 40 +. The light-weight reel & rod balance well and are a pleasure to cast great distance all day. I have experienced no problems with the Nautilus reel.

·
Addicted to Cane.......
184 Posts
I have fished two Nautilus reels almost exclusively for the last year and am 100% satisfied. No problems with either one and would recommend them to anyone.

Jim

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am now sold on them! I love the reels and I like the customizing that they are starting to offer. The newly redesigned Feather Weight is nice as well.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I have not handled the new FW (FWX); the drag looks the same but it may not be. These are my comments on the existing FW (I own an FW+):

1. Positives: NO backlash at the lightest drag setting (that is why I bought it, I hate backlash), best combination of backing capacity and large arbor ratio. Lightest in its class; lighter with the FW spool (lower backing capacity).

2. Negatives: weak drag at highest setting/OK for most trout, not continuously variable, multiple revolution drag - the first turn of which does nothing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.